What is VoIP?
VoIP — which stands for voice over Internet protocol. It is a new technology that will improve the way we communicate. VoIP basically means voice transmitted over a digital network.
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is very simply, a method for taking ordinary analogue audio signals and turning them into digital signals that can be sent over the Internet.
For those of you who are already paying a monthly fee for an Internet connection, this means that you can use that same connection to place phone calls.
In line with customer demand, we are able to offer you a complete and fully-featured telephony solution which is ideal for all business types and sizes, but especially those organisations which have multiple sites and/or home workers.
Brought to you by ClearCall
Benefits of Hosted VoIP:
- No capex costs. Only a regular monthly fee on a per-user basis.
- Scalable, just add more seats as you grow.
- Transfer your existing phone numbers.
- ‘One number anywhere’ - callers dial one number to reach your desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously.
- Answer calls on your desk top phone or mobile.
- Retrieve your voicemails where ever you are.
- Free calls between branch offices with shared directories.
- Inbuilt business continuity solution – divert your calls to different locations without loss of functionality and without expensive call forwarding costs.
- Improving customer contact experience with hunt groups, marketing messages, call transfer and menu options for call routing.
- Cost-effective way to record your calls.
- Configure your system instantly at the click of the mouse from your desk, mobile or tablet.
Simply take a new IP connection from us – or utilise the one you already have, if its suitable.
Take our Hosted VoIP service, specifying the number of extensions you require.
Receive the IP phones, un-box and plug in.
Make free inter-site and cheaper UK, mobile and international calls.
With only a minimal capital outlay required, Hosted is suitable for any size business.
As with any communication system, call quality is dependent on the underlying access available. A standard 10MB broadband connection can carry up to 8 high quality simultaneous calls.
If your connection is also being used for data then you may notice a slight degradation of quality depending on the amount of data being used. For business use we would recommend a dedicated broadband connection for VoIP so that calls are kept separate from your data traffic.
We use UK-based carriers employing the very latest in network technology. This ensures you receive reliability of service and accurate management and billing information.
No, you can connect the Hosted handset directly to your broadband router or network switch. A PC does not need to be turned on.